While buying furniture, we generally look for comfort but there are other things that matter too. Durability is one of them. The durability of a furniture piece depends primarily on the kind of furniture material that is used in building it. This is why furniture material should be given high priority while buying furniture. You are going to spend a good amount on the furniture items for your home and you would certainly not like it to last for just one season.
Therefore, while buying furniture, you must keep in mind the kind of furniture material that is used. To make your decision-making easier, we have some tips for you for the material choice for your furniture items.
- If you want to buy some sturdy items like sofa sets, dining tables and almirahs, you must look for hardwood. Hardwood includes wood like oak, walnut and mahogany.
- If you want to use wood for outdoor furniture, you must go with teak. It is quite resilient to weather and lasts for decades.
- You might also want to choose metal-based material for your furniture. For this, you can look for aluminium, wrought iron, stainless steel or powder-coated steel.
- Aluminium is rustproof. While tubular aluminium is less costly and less heavy, cast aluminium is the most expensive while being heavier.
- Wrought iron is also quite popular when it comes to furniture material. It is heavy and expensive owing to its demand. It can be made durable and rust free by applying paint on it.
- Always use tempered and not ordinary glass on top of any metal furniture.
- Cane furniture is also quite durable. It is less expensive as well as light.
- The plastic or synthetic material is not recommended. Though less costly, it is neither comfortable nor good looking.
Now that you are a pro in furniture material, don’t let the retailer fool you!